Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: OT: Obsession With Minutae

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    AB, I am happy to unconditionally abide by your request.

    You may recall that, some years ago, the lack of published posting rules for this forum was raised and Todd gave a commitment that this would be rectified.

    The Audio Asylum rules could be used as a reference to get posting rules happening here.

    Audio Asylum Posting Rules
    Last edited by mah; September 25th, 2016 at 11:51 PM.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    Jeff, Why do you say you were attacked?
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Jeff, Why do you say you were attacked?

    Because I am bleeding still. I report something new and unusual, potentially beneficial, and people jump down my throat, as though I was lying !! Come on guys, I got SAVED last year !!

    mah - your POST #9 :

    Jeff, What an inane retort.

    With regard to electronics you may be mrlowcred but you excel in your Gyro Gearloose / Foghorn Leghorn imitation.

    Phil-G - said it well, POST #10 :

    this has gone a little too far. jeff may be some eccentric in his observations and may benefit from double blind testing. but mah you brought this topic from another thread. with the sole purpose highlighting this. and to stir the pot.
    having a disagreement is one thing, but this forum should not be a boxing ring.

    Sonic Barbarian

    -------------------------------------------

    This reminds me in certain ways of Matthew 7.6 : See it here :

    Matthew 7:6 NKJV - “Do not give what is holy to the - Bible Gateway

    I certainly am not perfect, but " my goodness " from some.

    Clear enough ?? That is how I feel sometimes.

    By the way, I have been involved in audio, with some of the very best of them, and design directly heated triode tube amps BY EAR, for 64 and 34 years respectively , and I still can do fine A-B testing !! :-)

    Regards,

    Jeff Medwin Low Ohms
    Last edited by LowOhms; September 26th, 2016 at 02:41 AM.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Obsession With Minutae


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    Quote Originally Posted by LowOhms View Post
    Question Super Moderator,

    Were you addressing this to mah, who initiated this nasty post, or to me, who responded / defended myself??

    It is not clear.

    I agree with your sentiment by the way. But one must be careful to allow new ideas to be expressed.

    Jeff Medwin
    I am addressing it to everyone ! No one in particular Jeff... I am not going to single anyone out here...This is a peaceful, friendly, forum. And we would like to keep it that way.... Just use common sense here folks...


    Mah - PM sent

    LowOhms - PM sent

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    AB, I am happy to unconditionally abide by your request.
    Thank You !

    You may recall that, some years ago, the lack of published posting rules for this forum was raised and Todd gave a commitment that this would be rectified.
    Well they will be coming shortly as I guess we need them.. Posting rules are pretty much common sense rules..If you have read posting rules from other audio forums or message boards as you obviously have ? Then you can assume that they will apply here as well.Because they do, with maybe a few exceptions.I will write up some rules and have Todd sign off on them.

    The Audio Asylum rules could be used as a reference to get posting rules happening here.

    Audio Asylum Posting Rules
    Last edited by Altec Best; September 29th, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Obsession With Minutae


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    more rules will not replace common sense and maturity.

    within the first few posts; i would have locked the thread. deleted the posts. left a note explaining why. and that if anyone wanted to push the issue after that, they would be blocked for a reasonable period.

    but thats just me.
    Sonic Barbarian

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Obsession With Minutae


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    more rules will not replace common sense and maturity.
    I already asked members to use common sense here.

    within the first few posts; i would have locked the thread. deleted the posts. left a note explaining why. and that if anyone wanted to push the issue after that, they would be blocked for a reasonable period. but thats just me.
    Yeah then would have been accused of heavy handed tactics.. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't, so to speak.

    But I agree with you Phil !

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    I'm going to say it once and once only ! DO NOT bring arguments from other forums to this one... Thank You for your cooperation.

    mah,

    In your recent Post #20, written after the above request, you are newly referencing to one TEN YEAR OLD post I made, facetiously to the late Ray Moth, in another Forum.

    This new posting #20 of yours up here is specifically what we were asked NOT to initiate by our Moderator, AB.

    Thank you. Enough of this thread sir.


    Jeff Medwin Low Ohms.
    Last edited by LowOhms; September 26th, 2016 at 10:46 AM.

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Obsession With Minutae


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Obsession With Minutae

    Thanks Todd for stepping in here ! I'm closing this thread as it will serve no other purpose then to continue this argument...Like Todd said that's not what this forum is about...

    And soon will be deleted after all interested parties had a chance to read it.
    Last edited by Altec Best; October 9th, 2016 at 07:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.